The decision to go to college is life-changing. Having financial aid to pay for a college education makes the decision a little easier. Most students at Mesalands Community College are able to graduate with their associate degree ready to start work or transfer to a four year college or university without debt. This allows students to concentrate on the future rather than be burdened by student loans.
Financial aid includes grants, scholarships, work-study, and student loans. At Mesalands Community College, most students qualify and receive grants and scholarships to help pay for tuition, fees, books, supplies, as well as some living expenses such as rent and transportation.
Most of these programs require the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is available on the Internet at: http://www.fafsa.gov. You may qualify to receive funding from more than one of these sources:
- Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- College Work Study (state and federal)
- New Mexico State Student Incentive Grant (SSIG)
- New Mexico 3% Scholarship
- Veteran’s Benefits (students desiring to certify for Veteran’s
Benefits must submit a written request to the Student Affairs
- Office prior to the beginning of each semester)
- Legislative Endowment Scholarship
- New Mexico Legislative Lottery Scholarship
- Numerous College and College Foundation scholarships
The amount and type of financial aid that a student receives is determined by factors including household income and size, residency status, academic achievement, and choice of major.
Financial Aid Office
911 South Tenth Street
Tucumcari, NM 88401
(575) 461-4413, ext. 136
Fax: (575) 461-1901