The Mesalands Community College’s Dinosaur Museum and Natural Sciences Laboratory will be celebrating National Fossil Day on Saturday, October 11 from 12 pm – 5 pm.
- Admission to the Mesalands Community College’s Dinosaur Museum will be free!
- See specimens discovered during 2014 Summer Field Season on display in the Student Field Discoveries Exhibit.
- See the world’s only life-sized bronze replica of AMAZING AETOSAUR, the “featured creature” for National Fossil Day logo.
- Attend a lecture “Aetosaur Specimens from Quay County” from our Museum Curator, Dr. Axel Hungerbuehler at 1pm on Saturday.
- Receive a free aetosaur poster of our bronze sculpture, whose head was crafted by local artist Lila Grace Sandoval.
- This event coincides the 7th Annual Grand Canyon Region Intercollegiate Rodeo to be hosted by Mesalands Community College at the Quay County Rodeo Arena.
The Mesalands Dinosaur Museum is located at 222 Laughlin Avenue in Tucumcari.
For more information about National Fossil Day, please contact the Mesalands Dinosaur Museum at (575) 461-3466 (DINO).