Mesalands Community College was one of eight institutions in the state of New Mexico selected to receive funding under the U. S. Department of Education – Hispanic Serving Institution’s Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) program. Mesalands was awarded $777,154 for the first year, and it is anticipated that the grant will be for 5 years, for a total in the amount of $3.8 million.
Mesalands will use these funds for specific identified initiatives as follows:
- Strengthen basic skills and support successful outcomes
- Improve access to instruction and services
- Improve our STEM laboratory facilities with technologically advanced and up to date equipment and curriculum
- Increase our student academic transfer success to 4 year college or university
The Math-Science Learning Center provides many services to our students including free tutoring on a drop-in basis for most math and science classes. For more information, please call Dr. Forrest Kaatz, at (575) 461-4413, ext. 103 or to schedule an appointment.
Hours and Location
- Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Room 110A, Building A