The Mesalands Community College Foundation, Inc. is organized to be operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes as defined in Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Mesalands Community College Foundation, Inc. was established to:
- Maintain, develop, increase, and extend the facilities and services of Mesalands Community College and to provide broader educational service opportunities to its students, staff, faculty, and the residents of the geographic areas which it serves.
- Solicit and receive gifts, grants, and bequests or to acquire property both by real and personal exchange, etc.
- Make contributions, grants, gifts, and transfers of property outright or in trust for the exclusive benefit of the College or other tax exempt organizations.
- Encourage private individuals and organizations to invest in the support of College programs and services.
- Provide a corporate structure for managing private gifts and donations.
- Provide added assurance to donors that their contributions will be utilized for the specified purposes.
- Provide a medium for alumni and community leaders to participate in and contribute to the strengthening of the College through their participations in the solicitation, management, and distribution of private gifts and donations.