Skip main navigation

Apply Now (575) 461-4413

Frequently Asked Questions

I have credit from another college and would like information about using it toward a degree at Mesalands Community College. Mesalands Community College accepts transfer credit from other regionally accredited colleges and universities. The College recognizes the State of New Mexico General Education Common Core of Courses. To have transfer credit evaluated, please contact the Student Services Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 153 to schedule an appointment.

I need information about special accommodations for a disability.
The staff and faculty at Mesalands Community College are pleased to make accommodations for a wide array of disabilities and special needs. Please contact our Student Services Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 189 for more information.

What kind of financial assistance is available at Mesalands Community College?
In addition to offering Federal Financial Aid and New Mexico Lottery Scholarships, the College’s staff can point you to many other sources of grants and scholarships. Call our Financial Aid Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 136 for details.

I would like to receive additional information on a particular program at Mesalands.
Student Services will be happy to mail a packet of information to you. Please call (575) 461-4413, ext. 153 to request a packet.

Can I receive VA Benefits while attending Mesalands?
All programs at Mesalands are approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For information on how to apply for VA benefits, please contact the Student Services Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 153.

How can I get help preparing for my General Equivalency Diploma (GED)?
Along with the GED exam, Mesalands Community College provides free student preparation courses. Please call the Educational Services Center for details at (575) 461-4413, ext. 124.

I would like to receive a course schedule for the current or upcoming semester.
To get on our mailing list, call the Student Services Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 153.

How much do courses cost?
The total cost for courses varies according to lab fees, residency status, and other factors. For specific information on course costs please call our Business Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 110.

I need directions to the College. The College’s diverse student body comes from out of town, out of state, as well as from other countries. Students who are new to our community, may click here for a map or here for written directions. Please call (575) 461-4413, ext. 153 and we’ll be glad to help you with additional directions to our campus.

I have taken courses at Mesalands before and need an official transcript.
Questions about transcripts should be directed to the College’s Student Services office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 153.

What kind of housing is available for out of town students?
For a comprehensive listing of available off-campus housing, please contact the Student Services Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 153. Most students have little difficulty securing housing during their time at Mesalands Community College.

I intend to transfer to a four-year institution after attending Mesalands. Will my courses transfer?
As a North Central Association accredited institution, courses taken at Mesalands will transfer to almost all four-year institutions. Eligibility for the New Mexico Lottery Scholarship will transfer with students who wish to enroll at a New Mexico university. For additional questions, call the Student Services Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 153.

How do I audition for the rodeo team? An exciting facet of the College is our intercollegiate rodeo team. Please visit Rodeo Team for more information.