Contact Us Today!
Looking for some more information? Fill out the form below and one of our representatives will get back to you shortly.
Find Your Way
At Mesalands Community College
FINE ARTS PROGRAM
Are you interested in?
- An art degree or certificate?
- Wanting to take art classes for your own personal enjoyment?
- Cultivating and broadening your artistic skills?
The Fine Arts Program at Mesalands Community College offers degrees and certificates with a variety of different options. Students may also choose from classes in ceramics, drawing, art appreciation, digital media and 3D printing, mold making, painting, photography, sculpture, and foundry.
Mesalands Community College has a New Media Studio with access to state-of-the-art software, lighting studio, and access to 3D printers. For a more traditional process, Mesalands gives students access to one of the largest institutional foundries in the southwest where students can explore casting bronze, aluminum, and iron.
The degree-seeking student may choose from a two-year degree and transfer programs, in the areas of Fine Arts, Digital Media Arts, and Arts and Manufacturing.
- Two-Year Associate of Arts Degree in New Media/Graphic Design
- Two-Year Associate of Arts Degree in Two-Dimensional Art
- Two-Year Associate of Arts Degree in Three-Dimensional Art
- One-Semester Occupational Certificate in Metal Casting
Scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify.
The faculty in the Fine Arts Department are artists themselves, with regional and national professional experience. They encourage students to develop critical thinking skills in the production and study of various Fine Arts disciplines while improving their technical skills and developing an individual design aesthetic.
For more information, call (575) 461-4413, ext. 167, or visit: www.mesalands.edu/finearts