Mesalands will be celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Week, October 21-25, 2013.
Monday, October 21
Wear Pink Day & Memorial Wall
- Raise awareness of breast cancer by wearing pink all day.
- Purchase a pink ribbon for $1 and post it to the Memorial Wall in the Commons Area in Building A. Ribbons are available at the Student Affairs Office and from Student Government Association members. Pink ribbons will be available for purchase all week. This event is sponsored by the Student Government Association and proceeds benefit local breast cancer fighters.
Tuesday, October 22
Pizza & Educational Literature & Videos
- 12:00 pm – Building A in the Commons Area
Wednesday, October 23
Cookies & Punch
Educational Literature & Videos
- 12:00 – 3:00 pm Building A in the Commons Area
Thursday, October 24
Breast Cancer Awareness Presentation
- 1:30 pm, North American Wind Research and Training Center lecture hall
- LuAnne Roberson, Nurse Navigator, RN, BSN, CBPN-I,C, from Assured Imaging Women’s Wellness, a leading provider of mobile digital mammography, will be presenting information on Breast Cancer regarding: current facts vs. myths and life-saving information.
- Testimonials from a local family: Ida Kent, Yvonne Kent, and Cleo Kent-VanderSalm via Skype
- Tea and Desserts will be served
Friday, October 25
- 8:00 pm – 12:00 am, North American Wind Research and Training Center bay
- The Memorial Wall will be posted and ribbons will be available for purchase.
For more information, please contact the Student Affairs Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 153.