Mesalands Community College will be hosting its 21st Annual Iron Pour on March 10-16, 2019, from 9 am – 9 pm in the foundry located in Building D, with the pour on Friday, March 15. The community is invited to drop in all week to observe the iron pour process.
Monday, March 11 – Movie Night
- Movie Night is at 9 pm at the Historic Odeon Theater (123 S Second Street). The movie showing is “Young Frankenstein.
- Free admission for Mesalands students with a College ID.
Wednesday, March 13 – Art Show and Slideshow
- The “Ferrous Space” Art Exhibition, curated by Lindsey Back and Joel Kiser is at 5:30 pm in the Honorable J. Bronson Moore Room (Building A).
- The Slideshow will begin at 6 pm.
- Student’s artwork will be on display all-week in the Mesalands Library.
Thursday, March 14 – Meet the Artists
- Meet the Iron Pour Artists from 2-5 pm in the foundry.
- Popcorn and drinks will be served.
- Enjoy live music and create a custom iron tile for $20.
- Commemorative plaques also on sale for $15.
- Proceeds to benefit the Hot Metals Club.
- Tiles will be poured on Friday.
Friday, March 15 – Opening Ceremony
- The opening ceremony for the 21st Annual Iron Pour will be at 12 pm in the foundry.
- The actual pouring of the cast iron will follow.
For more information, contact the Public Relations Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 138.