A formal complaint is a request for the resolution of a problem, conflict, concern or issue that negatively affects a student or students. Student formal complaints may include, but are not limited to, issues regarding classroom instruction, College policies, procedures, services and offices. Students are encouraged to review the College’s formal complaint procedures prior to submitting a complaint.
Student Complaint Procedures
To submit a formal complaint, each student must complete the Mesalands Community College online formal complaint form. To submit a formal complaint click on the link at the bottom of this page.
Students are strongly encouraged to resolve any concern by first meeting with the staff member, administrator, and his/her supervisor if necessary to try and come to a resolution prior to filing a formal complaint.
The formal complaint process is not for grade appeals. Should a student wish to contest a grade earned in a class, procedures are available in Mesalands Community College’s online catalog.
Reporting Other Types of Incidents
- Title IX Reporting Form: Reports related to Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Violations
- CARE Team Reporting Form: Concerning Behavior that may not be a violation of Mesalands Community College’s Student Code of Conduct
- Student Conduct Reporting Form: Behavior that is a violation of Mesalands Community College’s Student Code of Conduct
- Accessibility Reporting Form: Issues related to accessibility or accommodations
- Crime Report Form: Reports related to crimes committed on Mesalands Community College property or during Mesalands Community College sponsored events/overnight trips.
Formal Complaint Form: All issues that are not related to those identified above.