Mesalands Community College is pleased to be hosting its 19th Annual Iron Pour on
March 6-11, 2017 from 9 am-9 pm in the foundry, located in Building D, with the pour on
Friday, March 10. The community is invited to drop in all week to observe the iron pour process.
Tuesday, March 7 – Art Show and Slideshow
- The Henry Gonzales Memorial Art Exhibition will be held in the Great Room at 6:30 pm.
- Live music will be provided by Jill Cohn.
- Cast iron sculptures created by Mesalands students will be on display, and throughout the week in the Mesalands Library.
- A slideshow of artists work will follow.
Wednesday, March 8 – Dinosaur Museum Tour
- See the world’s largest collection of life-sized bronze fossils at the Mesalands Dinosaur Museum and Natural Sciences Laboratory.
- Free admission to the Museum from 10:00 am-6:00 pm.
- Guided tours will be provided from 1:00-3:00 pm.
- The Museum is located at 222 East Laughlin Street.
Thursday, March 9 – Meet the Artists
- Meet the Iron Pour artists from 2:00-4:00 pm.
- Popcorn and drinks will be served.
- Create your own custom iron tiles for $15. Proceeds to benefit the Hot Metal Club at Mesalands. Tiles will be poured on Friday.
Friday, March 10 – Opening Ceremony for the Pour
- Opening ceremonies for the pouring of the cast iron will begin at 12:00 pm in the foundry. The actual pour will follow.
Watch Live Video Feed
To view the live video feed of the activity in the foundry visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJM7ST98ZjA.
For more information, contact the Public Relations Office at (575) 461-4413, ext. 138.